Tuesday, January 13, 2009

life in general...

start my new job tomorrow
im a waitress at a diner-type place
the owner only hires pretty girls, the whole town knows that.
while i was there today for my orientation, an old friend of mine who is...bigger, we'll call her "s"
came in, shes around 300 lbs, and has wierd colored hair and a tongue ring. i hate her now, but there was a time when we were very close. she looks at me, looks at the owner and asks "can i apply for a job?"
you know what the guy said?
no!!!
makes me feel pretty good to know that i guess im considered "pretty"
i start work tomorrow.
started a 24 hour fast at 8 this morning, if all goes well, i might extend it to 48 hours, this is my first fast, so im trying to take it slow.
anyway, i have to go shopping for work pants tonight, not excited, i hate shopping for clothes.
im nervous about my new job.
scared that my mom will want to celebrate my new job with some kind of dinner, will eat very little if i have to eat at all.
i feel like a cow.
and im nervous about work tomorrow.
wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job!
    You'll do fine in your fast, just make sure you have a lot of distractions when the cravings kick in at your normal eating time.
    Good luck with your first day at work!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. what sarah said, find thigns to do! Youll def get bored. shop at a thrift store and look at EVERYTHING in every aisle, or go for a walk, or do puzzles or sudoku or read mags. but best of all, have fun!! haha even tho you kind of wont :/

    ReplyDelete